Saturday, May 2, 2009
Just give me Jesus
My whole life I grew up having two parents who taught me many things in life. They gave me many things in life. They were always there for me....no matter what. They taught me when you fall...get back up and try again. They taught me when you make a mistake....own up to it. They taught me that everything happens for a reason....and sometimes only God knows that reason. They gave me the most valuable lessons in life. To treat others with the respect and kindness I would want shown to me. To always put God before everything. To love unconditionally. To be compassionate and forgiving. To never be afraid to stand up for what I believe. Out of everything my parents could have possibly given me the most important thing that they never stopped giving was.....Jesus. How great it is to know that the one gift that this world doesn't have to offer my parents made always available. They took me to church every Sunday. They taught me to pray. They made sure I knew what Jesus did for me and what Jesus can still do for me. They gave me the most precious gift. As I write this I'm thinking about what it will be like to be a parent someday. I'm thinking about all the things I want our children to have. I think about who our children will look like. What their personalities will be. What will their desires be. What will their goals in life be. Will they be as intelligent like their daddy? Will they be sensitive like their mommy? As I'm thinking this I realize that none of this matters in life. I want to strive to be the parent that has children who are kind, caring, compassionate people who love the Lord. I want to give my children Jesus. I want them to know what a kind, caring, compassionate and forgiving man He is and I want them to strive to be like Him. Nothing else in this world matters. I'm so thankful my parents taught me about the unfailing love of the Lord and I too hope I can pass that on. I want to continue living my life knowing that the things of this world are not important. Does it really do anyone else any good for me to have the best clothes, nicest car or biggest house? Does it really help people by me having the finest food on my table and throwing the best party in town? No because I can't take any of that with me. I can only take one thing with me when I go and that is Jesus. So when it comes to life and when it comes to this world......just give me Jesus. He is everything I need. And the best thing about Jesus is that He is available to everyone. What He did for me He also did for you. He's always there when I need Him...and quite frankly I need Him everyday. Without Him life just wouldn't be worth living. So I'll say it again....just give me Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is beautiful. Thank you so much. I always said you were my Little Blessing. I love you and am proud of you. Mom
ReplyDelete