Monday, May 3, 2010

The Journey to become a mommy....

So...as most mom's know...the journey to become a mommy can actually be quite long and short. All in one. How is it that time flies but also seems to stand still? I cannot believe that I am almost 36 weeks pregnant.....wow! Very soon our lives will change tremendously and I can't wait!!! Here is a little bit of what this journey has been like for me:

Things I will miss about being pregnant:

The joy and excitement of starting a new chapter in our lives.
Feeling the baby doing somersaults in my tummy! :)
The extra attention and spoiling you get when you are pregnant.
That feeling I got the first time I saw the baby on an ultrasound!


Things I will not miss:

Nausea
Constipation
Indigestion
Random people giving me unwanted advice
My gallbladder!
leg cramps
back aches
constant urge to pee!
anxiety
random blood tests
Iron pills

Things I have missed:

Sleep
Energy
Fatty foods!!!!! (especially brownies!)
Advil
Ability to breathe easily


Things I'm thankful for:

Everything about this pregnancy that means our little peanut is safe and healthy!
The love we have received from so many loved ones!
The prayers from everyone for me and baby to get through this pregnancy without surgery.
All of the wonderful gifts and blessing we have received from family and friends!
Just knowing that VERY soon I will get to hold our little one!
The fact that I can take the baby to work with me once I go back. :)
The constant reminder that God heard and answered our prayers...and knowing that He will always be there!

Things I'm nervous about:

Labor and Delivery
Being a mommy!
Breastfeeding
Pediatric appointments
Gallbladder surgery
The list goes on and on. :)

Now the question is....would I do it all again? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!! The good far out weighs the bad!! :) I'm thrilled that God gave me this opportunity and thrilled that He has trusted me with it! Babies are truly a gift from Heaven!








1 comment: