Dear Lord,
Please let Victoria grow up to realize that her worth isn't in how she dresses or how "sexy" she is. That having good character is more important than having good clothes. That being kind is more important than being "hot". Let her know that life isn't always fair and we don't always get what we want. Help her to understand that we help people out of the kindness of our hearts not because we expect something in return. I pray she grows up knowing the importance of wisdom and humbleness and that being selfish doesn't get you anywhere. I pray she knows the difference in making wise choices and "fun" choices. I pray that she knows the power she has in the choices she makes. I pray she knows that being popular can get you so far but being wise can get you further. I ask that she understand the meaning of family. That although we will have our differences, it is always worth working through them because we are in fact FAMILY. I pray she knows that we love her. That we enjoy spending time with her and that our relationship is worth working on even when it seems all hope is lost. She is our daughter and I pray that we do everything in our power to let her know that she is IMPORTANT. I want her to understand why we don't want her to wear inappropriate clothing. Let her know that we aren't saying no just to be mean and make her mad but that we say no so that she learns to respect herself. I ask that she grows up to be a lady. And with that I ask that she expect to be treated like a lady. I want her know that being cute can only get you so far. And sometimes it can take you further than you want to go. I don't want her to think at the age of 14 or 15 that it is acceptable to want to be sexy and to have sex. I want her to know and truly understand and appreciate that sex is for marriage. No exceptions. I want her to see her self as a prize worth waiting for. And I want her to treat others the same way. I don't want her to fall into the traps of peer pressure. I want her to be a leader and not a follower. I want her to respect her elders and be a teacher to those that are younger. I want her to help those in need. I want her to understand what it is like to be a blessing. Not only receive them. I want her to know how important it is to share her blessings. God, you trust us with them for a reason. To bless others. I know Lord that it is impossible for us to be perfect parents. That we will make mistakes just like our parents made mistakes and their parents made mistakes. But help us learn from our mistakes. Help us to teach her your ways and to make sure she ALWAYS knows that the most important thing in life is her relationship with you. That You love her more than we can imagine and that You want nothing but the best for her. I pray that we discipline her when she needs to be disciplined and praise her when she deserves praise. I ask that we teach her to treat others with the same respect that she expects. I pray she knows the importance of saying Please and Thank you. Let us teach her that she should never be afraid to take a stand for what she believes. That her opinion does matter and she can make a difference. Let her role models be people who strive to make a difference without wanting credit....not those who want credit that do nothing to make a difference. Lord, I see kids growing up way too fast these days and I ask that Victoria enjoys her childhood. That she embraces it. I pray she grows up to be a strong, humble, Christian young lady who realizes that others are just as important as she is. Let her know that giving comes from the heart and not the wallet. I ask that she respects those around her. I pray she is always wise and respectful in the words she chooses to speak. Lord, I guess I'm asking that she strive to be like you. Thank you Lord.
Love,
Ashley
I wish every parent had that same prayer for their children. What a better world this would be. Victoria is very blessed to have you and Josh as parents!
ReplyDelete