This weekend we are heading to Kentucky to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday! My mom is throwing him a surprise birthday party and I'm so thankful we are able to be there. My dad is one of the greatest men I know and I could never thank him enough for working so hard for our family and most of all for teaching us about the Lord and how important faith is. In my attempt to thank him we are bringing him his favorite dessert...carrot cake. Not just any carrot cake...World's Best Carrot Cake!! It is a local place here in Asheville and I must say I truly believe it is the World's Best! Of course that is just for the family....for the actual party my mom is making coal miner's cake to honor him. I am super excited to see my family and meet my newest nephew Colt. He's a little cutie pie and I can't wait to hold him.
As far as our little household goes everything is going well. Victoria is a very active, fearless, vivacious little girl! She is a little monkey...climbing on anything she can. Recently she has been climbing into the dryer and onto the shelves in the pantry. And sometimes she manages to climb on the chairs that are pushed in at the table and gets her self wedged in. Of course she screams because she needs help but then after we help she gets right back up and does it all again! Love that little booger! She loves music...doesn't matter what kind...she LOVES it! She gets that from Josh's family for sure. She just can't control herself when a song comes on....it is almost like their is a voice in her head saying "I MUST DANCE". She is not talking a whole lot but she tries to sing. It is usually just "Da Da Da Da Daaaaaaa"...but still very cute! Her favorite songs right now are Baby Bumblebee and Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. She also loves Itsy Bitsy Spider. She is really great at doing all the motions and loves it when her daddy sings and does the motions too. She finally got her 8th tooth a few days ago and I'm hoping some more are on their way.
I recently joined MOPS of Biltmore Baptist and I absolutely love it. The women at my table are super sweet and seem to be great Christian women who want to raise their children in the ways of the Lord. I couldn't be happier about meeting some moms that share my views on children and faith. I spend most of my days taking Victoria out and about. We are especially enjoying the nice fall weather. We usually hit up a local park or sometimes times the botanical gardens or nature center. I love that Asheville has so many outdoor things to do as a family. I say I want to move closer to our families but I really would miss living here. Especially the food! Ha!
Josh is still working as a pharmacist for Ingles. We are very blessed that he works so hard so I am able to stay home with our little ladybug. I like that he is a floater because that means he gets most weekends off for family time. Yay! He is such a wonderful father and is always wanting to have some daddy/daughter time....problem is I have difficulty letting this happen. I just want to be in on the fun! Ha! I have recently realized that it is something that I just need to let happen. It is great for both of them and I'm very blessed to be married to a man who actually enjoys spending time with his daughter. That relationship is one of the most important ones Victoria will have and I'm so thankful that Josh is actively making an effort for it to be a beautiful one.
I guess that is all for now. :)
I love you and I am so proud of you :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kim...I love you too! :)
ReplyDelete